Re: Term 2 Arrangements
I’d like to begin by thanking you for your ongoing support at this difficult time. To cater for the needs of our students, for Term 2 we will be:
• Teaching the students that attend school, following their timetable.
• Teaching the students who are learning from home, utilising an online approach (through Connect). Where students cannot access Connect, work packages will be available.
The teaching staff have prepared the curriculum to be taught during Term 2 and all students will utilise the same content, following the WA curriculum for their year group.
For students attending school:
• If parents/guardians are dropping students at school or collecting them, please use the ‘Kiss and Drive’ and remain in your vehicle.
• Bus services will be running as usual.
• Students will follow their normal timetable, attending their usual classes.
• Wednesday is our late start (9:30am). From 8:40am students will be able to enter the campus and work in the library (or go to the Breakfast Club).
• The school has appointed additional day cleaners so that surfaces, keyboards, hand rails and toilets will be disinfected regularly throughout the school day.
• The café will be available for take away meals.
• Year 9, 10 and 11 students will go to break 10 minutes early to avoid queues at the café and toilets.
• Classroom furniture will be arranged to leave as much space as possible between students.
The school is following the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice on reducing the potential risk of Covid-19 transmission in schools. This advice is available from the Health Department website. Additionally, I have emailed a letter to parents from the WA Chief Health Officer on students returning to school.
For the students attending school, it is important that if they feel unwell, that they stay at home. When they feel better, they can attend school again.
Finally, we will continue to promote the practice of good hygiene through:
– Regular hand washing
– Covering coughs and sneezes and
– Avoiding face touching
Hand sanitiser will be available in every classroom and throughout the school.
For our students who are learning at home, we will email the Term 2 program for your child/ren to follow and the arrangements to get students learning underway.
Our staff will be working to ensure that all of our students are engaged in their learning program.
If you have any questions about the course content, please email or call the relevant Head of Learning Area.
English:- Mrs Lee Gibson
Maths:- Mr Craig Ventham
Science:- Mr Adam Gatti
HASS:- Ms Amanda Fleming
The Arts:- Ms Amanda Fleming
Technologies:- Mr Leigh Hoey
HPE:- Mr Joel Agland
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the school on 9562 8000.
Dr James Kent
Yanchep Secondary College
28 April 2020
(Feed generated with FetchRSS)
Source: Yanchep SC